Stay Sun Safe This Summer
While you enjoy these long summer days outside, it’s important to remember to stay safe in the sun. July is Ultraviolet (UV) Safety Awareness Month, and as you protect your skin with sunscreen, it is important to also protect your eyes from UV light. Too much UV exposure to your eyes can lead to conditions such as cataracts, eye cancers, and/or growths on the eye.
When choosing sunglasses, it’s important to select a pair that provides 100% UV or UV400 protection, or block both UV-A and UV-B rays. Book an appointment at Eye Etiquette today, and our helpful staff would be happy to help you find the right lenses for your new shades.
Here are some other important eye safety tips from the American Academy of Ophthalmology:
- Wear a hat along with your sunglasses. Broad-brimmed hats are best.
- Protect children and senior citizens with hats and sunglasses. Everyone is at risk for sun damage.
- Know that clouds don’t block UV light. The sun’s rays can pass through haze and clouds.
- Sunlight is strongest midday to early afternoon, at higher altitudes and when reflected off of water, ice or snow.
- Avoid tanning beds. Tanning beds pose the same risks to your eyes and body as outdoor UV light.
🕶️ July’s Specials 🕶️
👓 Millstream Village Location: 30% off in house Dilem, Chloe and select Boz and J.F. Rey products with complete eyewear purchase*
*Some conditions may apply. Sales and promotions cannot be combined with any other offers or packages. Sale pricing applies to in-stock product with the purchase of fully coated lenses. See in-store, call, or email us for more details.